By: Frank Totera – Atlas Technical Support Team
Welcome to the latest installment in our Best Practices blog series. Previous posts have covered universal tags, custom parameters and creative concepts — make sure to click through if you need a refresher on any of those features. This series is designed to help our customers get the most out of Atlas — from building media plans and trafficking campaigns to measuring and understanding results.
Today, we’ll show you how Atlas saves you time by enabling bulk imports of your creative concept files.
Why is this feature such a big deal? Atlas previously allowed you to perform bulk imports for your click-through URLs, ads, placements, packages, targeting groups, assignments and ad weighting — but not creative concepts. Until now. The introduction of this latest bulk-import feature enables you to quickly create many creative concepts.
You may be sitting there thinking, “That sounds fantastic, but what the heck is a creative concept?” We’re happy to explain! In Atlas, a creative concept acts as a container for creative files of different sizes that all share the same message. This can include static, flash and HTML (including HTML5) creative formats.
Instead of building a separate ad for each creative size, multiple files can now be bundled together and served from one ad,while still corresponding to the dimensions of each assigned placement. This helps streamline the process of trafficking your campaign by organizing your creatives in the fastest way possible.
When importing creative concepts in bulk, note that any subfolder containing an HTML-based asset must be zipped, while any subfolder containing flash and static-based assets cannot be zipped.
Uploading creative concepts in bulk:
1. Create a separate folder for each creative concept that you want to upload.
2. Within each folder, add the creatives you want to use for that particular creative concept. Make sure to follow the guidelines listed here before adding.
3. Compress all folders containing your creative concepts into a single zip.
4. Navigate to Manage Creatives on the Advertiser level.
5. Select Import, and then Creative Concept Files.
6. Import your creative concept files by dragging the zip folder into the designated area, or by selecting the zip directly from its file location on your computer.
7. Click the Import button at the top to complete the process.
Editing creative concepts in bulk:
Atlas also allows you to edit your creative concept properties in bulk. This means you can update the name, frequency, custom parameters or additional code linked to a creative concept with ease.
To edit the properties of a creative concept:
1. Select your existing creative concept(s) and then Export Details.
2. Navigate to Manage Creatives on the Advertiser level.
3. Within the downloaded spreadsheet, fill out the appropriate cells with the desired changes.
4. Select Import, then Creative Concept Details.
5. Import your file by dragging it into the designated area, selecting the zip directly from the file location on your computer, or copying and pasting the cells and column headers you need into the available textbox.
6. Select Import to finish submitting your changes.
If you’ve ever had to set up a campaign at the last minute, spent significant time uploading your creatives one by one, changed an incorrect custom parameter applying to all files mid-campaign or re-built your campaign after accidentally saving it to the wrong advertiser, the benefits of our new bulk-import tool should be immediately clear.
Happy importing! And remember, if you’re an Atlas customer and have questions about this or any Atlas feature, visit the Help Center or contact your Platform Solution Consultant for support.